Chicken wrapped in parma ham, with philadelphia cheese
A really quick and really tasty mid-week meal. Yes Even if you're a student you need to eat well and semi-healthily.
This is a cheap dinner that you're enjoy a whole lot more than beans on toast trust me!
What your need:
For the chicken:
- Depending on how many your cooking for or how hungry you are, i'd say 1 chicken breast per person. Most supermarkets sell chicken breast in packs of two so you could make two and freeze one for later.
- A pack of parma ham (tesco currently have an offer on a six pack for £2)
- Philadelphia cheese
For the potatoes:
- New potatoes
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- Italian herbs
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
Add a bit of veg (i've added carrots and broccoli)
Pre-heat oven at 180.C
- Wash your potatoes in cold water and put them into a pan. Boil on a low heat to start cooking.
- Whilst the potatoes are slowly boring, cut up carrots and broccoli and place to the side for later.
- Once the potatoes have been on the hob for about 10 mins drain the water and place on a baking tray. Cover potatoes in Vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Crush the garlic and roughly spread over the potatoes. Finally add a sprinkle of italian herbs and place in the oven.
4. Put scores into the chicken breasts and put a table spoon full of Philadelphia on each chicken breast and spread over with knife. Then wrap each chicken piece with a ration & and half of parma ham. Then place in the oven with the potatoes and set the timer for 25-30mins.